Do you know how the Co-Redemptorist Association got its start?
Redemptorists have a wonderful tradition of supporting their own seminarians. In the late 1950s, the Redemptorists built St. Joseph, a wonderful new seminary in Edgerton, WI. Beyond paying for the building, we needed to pay to run it. Prayers and donations were a way to support the young men discerning their vocation.
This effort, uniting the prayers and financial donations from people across the province, was the beginning of the Co-Redemptorist Association. Members prayed fervently and gave generously. As a Co-Redemptorist, you belong to a grand community dedicated to helping seminarians follow the mission preaching of plentiful redemption.
Your presence as a Co-Redemptorist is a blessing for us. You are part of a wide Redemptorist family who take action in recruiting and supporting young men who choose the religious life as Redemptorists. For over 50 years, Co-Redemptorists have helped over 300 young men follow God’s call to ministry.
As a Co-Redemptorist, you offer and receive blessings in many ways:
- Prayers for the seminarians: Jesus told us to pray for new workers. Co-Redemptorists are partners in prayer.
- Invitation: God’s call to serve the poor as a Redemptorist comes through the voice of friends.
- Support: Your financial support will help a young man become a Redemptorist priest or brother.
- Prayers for Co-Redemptorists members: Your personal prayers and intentions are lifted up by seminarians and Redemptorists around the world.
- Sharing in Mission: When a seminarian ministers to the poor, you are there.
- Inspiration: A monthly letter to informing you and thanking you for your prayers and support.
September is a beginning moment. The school year has started, mission schedules begin, parishes gear up for religious education and we look to strengthen the Co-Redemptorist Association. Each year we have a gap between the funding available from gifts and the full cost of formation. This year the gap is $15 per day for each seminarian. We need your help in closing the gap.
You are assisting over 80 seminarians to become Redemptorists; they are in the U.S., Brazil and Nigeria. Every Redemptorist in the Province has benefitted from Co-Redemptorist generosity. Your regular monthly support helps ensure that there will be Redemptorists to serve for many years to come!
In Christ the Redeemer,
Father John K. Schmidt,
Director, Co-Redemptorist Association
P.S. Please send your support today!